New textures for structures
Combine And Conquer still used as mixture of both side and top-down views for
I migrated all
Structure images to be top-down, and updated some others.
Below an image of the new
Structure textures. Left to right:
Source used for the
Miner of both tiers
Assembler of both tiers (crafting
Furnace both in the burner and electric version and in on and off state
Burner in both off and on state
Launch Pad (previously
Space Port) without and with a ship present (note that ships are now also rendered top-down in that case)
There’s now an info box at the top right corner of the screen that displays information for the hovered object.
Structures on planets or within the
- Information on where
Structures can be placed
- Information about research unlocks
- Tiles / resources on planets
- Spaceship speed and capacity
- Information on planets
- and much more…
Since text is now displayed this way, many other text overlays have been removed.
The info box also allows for larger texts to be displayed. It was therefore possible to add description texts for all
Info box of a
Info box of an
Item / recipe:
This version introduces a new overlay for quickly selecting both
Structure views have been removed.
At the top of the overlay one can choose the
To the right of the overlay are categories such as
Belt, …) and
Depending on chosen mode and category, matching
Structures will be shown to the left.
Clicking those will set the cursor accordingly.
Below an image of the new overlay with
Structure mode and
Changes to Modules
There have been several changes to the
- The render mode ‘hide Module internals’ is now enabled by default
Modules are now rendered with a solid background
- Since all
Structures are now rendered top-down, it’s now possible to rotate
Below an image showing both the ‘hide Module internals’ mode and the new background rendering.
Module that creates
Belts. Both in inactive and active state:
There have been improvements to the space stage of
Combine And Conquer:
- Now displaying an ETA for flights
- It’s now possible to start a colonization directly from the space view
- The exhaust flames of ships are now animated
- Flying ships are now randomly displaced, so they aren’t rendered in a straight line anymore
With this version the new resource
Titanium is introduced. It doesn’t spawn on the starter planet and forces the player to colonize new planets for crafting recipes that require it.
There’s now also a new
Titanium Cargo Ship that is both faster and can carry more.
In the future more recipes requiring
Titanium will be added.
Belts have been updated to hold up to five
Items instead of just two.
There have been additions and improvements to sounds.
- The ‘water’ sound is now only played if water tiles are present
- ‘Milestone’ events (such as colonization of a planet) now play a sound
- Add more sounds in general
Changes to research
There’s now new research techologies for unlocking the new
Tweaks to research costs
Several technologies are now cheaper to research.
In addition to that, there have been several, minor improvements:
- Improve text position of views to prevent overlays
- Improve the quality of the
Research Token icons
- The positioning of the ‘power UI’ and ‘current research UI’ has been improved. Both are now only shown if useful in the current view.
- Improved rendering of copper ore fields
- Messages and logs have been improved. They are now more helpful and more similar in style.
Lab now has an activity animation
Influence is now animated
- The cursor tooltips have been improved
- Allow for more up- and downgrades when replacing
- Restart the planner when changing the tick count and having ‘restart on edit’ enabled
- Change the initial volume from 1.0 to 0.5
- Fix a bug in the
Influencecheck where it was impossible to place
Modules if they wouldn’t match into a single
- The ‘remove’ sound in the
Planneris now only played if a
Structureis actually removed
Better Beltsnow uses the correct icon
- Fix an edge case in
Items would move in the wrong direction (vertically vs horizontally)
- Fix rendering of
Items above a
Module’s source or sink
- Don’t animate
Miners if there aren’t any resources below them